Colorado Foods sells product from numerous suppliers. Accordingly, Colorado Foods has to comply with multiple supplier requirements to ensure that claims are handled thoroughly and appropriately. If you have a situation that may result in a claim, you are required to complete the following steps to support the claim to Colorado Foods, which then will be transferred to the supplier. Additional verifications and tests also may be required as needed to satisfy applicable supplier requirements. Non-compliance with required claim resolution steps may result in denial of the claim.
- Claim situations involving situations such as damaged boxes, wrong temperature, leaking boxes, pallet damage, and box shortages/overages must be reported to Colorado Foods at the time of delivery.
- Late Friday and weekend deliveries must be reported by noon on Monday.
- No claim will be considered if notification isn’t received by Colorado foods within this timeframe.
- Product rejected at the time of delivery must be placed back on original carrier whenever possible.
- In the event delivery is made to an off-site warehouse, you must notify Colorado Foods of issues and notify the warehouse of required steps to address the situation.
- Driver must be a witness and make notation on Bill of Lading. Only Bill of Lading notation at the time of delivery will be accepted.
- Driver verification may be required.
- Claims related to weight discrepancies must be made within 24 hours of discovery.
- Claims related to foreign objects must be made immediately upon discovery.
- Foreign object must be retained.
- Photos of the foreign object and box labels required.
- Claims related to point of lean, off condition, wrong/mislabeled product, and Out of Packer specification (must be documented using the specific packer’s claim requirements) must be made during the shelf life of the product, as soon as they are discovered.
- Various types of product testing will be required.
- Colorado Foods will not accept claims on product that has been blended with material from another source.
- When providing Colorado Foods with notice of an actual or potential claim, you must provide the following information:
- Your company name
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Carrier name
- Description of the issue
- Description of the product
- Number of cases or pounds over/short/damaged
- Sales order number
- Pictures (if applicable), including labels where possible
- Colorado Foods will not cover any penalties, fines, charges, fees, or costs associated with products that were not sold by Colorado Foods.
- Notify Colorado Foods immediately upon receipt of invoice if there is a variance on price or bill of lading/manifest.
If you fail to follow these and other requested procedures, Colorado Food Products reserves the right to deny your claim. For questions related to an actual or potential claim, please contact your salesperson at Colorado Food Products at 303-409-8400.